Re: debian-installer -> cross-compile to armel?

DrEagle,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 08:06:41PM +0100, DrEagle wrote:
> Le 14/12/2011 17:56, Jason a écrit :
> > I'm attempting to following the instructions at [1] to build a netboot
> > kernel and initrd for the dreamplug.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to
> > replicate what the build server seems to be able to do [2], cross-build
> > debian-installer images.  There are several old (2005) discussions about
> > it being difficult.  Hopefully, those issues have been resolved in the
> > past 6 years :-)  But I don't see any evidence of it...
> >
> > [1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Build
> > [2]
> > http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/armel/daily/kirkwood/netboot/marvell/guruplug/
>
> May be my notes can be helpfull [1]
>
> [1] http://doukki.net/doku.php?id=wiki:notes:crossbuild

That's great!  I'm now a lot farther than I was an hour ago.  Now it
fails like this:

#############################
  Installing core-modules-3.1.0-1-kirkwood-di as Depends of mmc-modules-3.1.0-1-kirkwood-di
  Installing nic-shared-modules-3.1.0-1-kirkwood-di as Depends of nic-modules-3.1.0-1-kirkwood-di
or been moved out of Incoming.

  cdebconf-newt-udeb: Depends: libnewt0.52 but it is not installable
                      Depends: libslang2-udeb (>= 2.0.7-1) but it is not going to be installed
  nano-udeb: Depends: libslang2-udeb (>= 2.0.7-1) but it is not going to be installed
  net-retriever: Depends: gpgv-udeb but it is not going to be installed
  netcfg: Depends: wpasupplicant-udeb but it is not going to be installed
  udev-udeb: Depends: libgcc1 but it is not installable
             Depends: util-linux-udeb but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
make[7]: *** [stamps/get_udebs-kirkwood_netboot-stamp] Error 100
#############################

It originally gave this error for the iop32x, because that subarch is
first on the list in build/config/armel.cfg.  I changed it to just
kirkwood as that's all I'm interested in atm.  Same error.

This is from today's svn following the checkout instructions, here [1].

Unfortunately, I'm on Ubuntu, so I have the following in
build/config/common:

MIRROR = http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian

Should I wait a day and svn up, or is there something I'm doing wrong?

thx,

Jason.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/CheckOut