Re: Suggestions for a SheevaPlug replacement

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 14:42 +0200, Arnaud Patard wrote:
> David Given <dg@cowlark.com> writes:
[...]
> > I also note that there's a SheevaPlug with eSATA, and it's at about the
> > same price as the original SheevaPlug. Now, if only this had two
> > ethernet ports...
>
> you have guruplugs server which has 2 ethernets and esata. One can
> nearly say that dreamplug is some kind of evolution of guruplug servers.

I wouldn't recommend the Guruplug, the fan sounds like an electric razor
and too loud and annoying to want to be in the same room as it. I
removed the fan and power supply, but ended up junking it anyway as I
couldn't get it to boot reliably from the MMC card. (The MMC controller
is on the end of a USB bus.)

I stuck to using my eSata SheevaPlug when I realised I could run a
firewall with only one ethernet port. [1]

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2011/02/msg01207.html

--
Tixy               ()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign (www.asciiribbon.org)
                   /\  Against HTML e-mail and proprietary attachments