Re: Suggestions for a SheevaPlug replacement

On 28/03/11 05:57, Sander wrote:
[...]
> An OpenRD-Ultimate might be something for you:
> http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-35-openrd-ultimate.aspx

I see the price has come down --- they're now only about 250% the price
of a SheevaPlug... but yeah, one of these would be ideal. Lots of ports
and a nice case, and only a bit more expensive that a DreamPlug.

I also note that there's a SheevaPlug with eSATA, and it's at about the
same price as the original SheevaPlug. Now, if only this had two
ethernet ports...

[...]
> I've ordered a PandaBoard which is dual core, has 1GB RAM and should
> work with the armhf port of Debian. Should be at least twice as fast as
> the SheevaPlug/OpenRD. Unfortunately it has no eSata and only 3x USB, so
> that might not be an option for your.

Oo. *Very* nice! As you say, no eSata and it's only got one ethernet
port, but the dual-core Cortex A9 is extremely yummy. If only there was
a version in the OpenRD form factor...

│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup