Re: LEDs on a Sheevaplug

Hi,

Le 14/02/2011 10:30, Sven Radde a écrit :
Unknown command '0`3▒▒~000▒▒0`3▒▒~000▒▒0`3▒▒~000▒▒x▒~x▒~' - try 'help'
It may be that the serial line communications program you use is sending things when you start it. If uboot receives anything, it will interrupt the boot sequence.

I generally wait for a few minutes to check whether the 'regular' boot succeeds before connecting a serial cable. It appears that something else is interrupting the boot sequence before I even have the cance to send garbage to my plug ;-) Is there some logging facility in uboot to review its output before a serial connection was made? Anyway... Is there a serial program you could recommend that is known to work without sending garbage (preferably in Ubuntu's repos)? Just to rule out this possible source of interference.

I don't have a Sheevaplug but for many other devices:-
I have never had any problems with minicom on Linux. There is a Ubuntu package for it.
HyperTerminal on Windows also works.

For LaCie devices using a similar Marvell SoC:-
Instead of a serial cable you can use clunc, a netconsole, available here: http://lacie-nas.org/doku.php?id=clunc However this probably will not work for you as I believe it uses a LaCie extension to the Marvell U-Boot port :(

Cheers,
Chris