Re: Using Linux as a boot loader -- status and RFH

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 12:25:04PM +0000, Hector Oron wrote:
> Why do you blame U-Boot? I thought you wanted Linux as bootloader.

You said: "It seems like you do not need to repair ubifs partitions."
I was pointing out that the full ubifs code, in Linux, handles
recovery itself, but that u-boot includes only a subset of this code,
and cannot do the recovery.  So this is one of my motivations for
trying out Linux as a boot loader.  Sorry if I was unclear or
misunderstood you.

BTW, I've found and fixed the kexec() bug, so I should have more
progress to report soon.