QNAP TS-219P upgrade from lenny to squeeze

Hi list,

Today I decided to upgrade my TS-219P to squeeze. This went reasonably
well. I had a struggle with insserv, rsyslogd and initscripts, but
that is not arm related I guess.

An other problem I had was that my device would not boot anymore after
removal of linux-image-2.6.32-bpo.5-kirkwood.
During the upgrade I got a message from mdadm that UUID of the
raid-set changed. After upgrade and reboot I noticed
linux-image-2.6.32-bpo.5-kirkwood kernel was load instead of
linux-image-2.6.32-5-kirkwood. So I removed the BPO kernel and
rebooted once more.

That's when I needed to make a console cable.
I found that the wrong UUID was in the initrd and after some tweaking
I got everything back to work.

Does anyone on this list know why the UUID would change? And if this
is documented somewhere?

BTW: some more details about my setup:
* 2 identical hard drives. Both with 2 partitions. 1 raid and 1 swap.
* both raid partitions form a raid1
--
GRTNX,
RobJE