Re: E-sata sheevaplug with problems ( HD , e-sata controller, e-sata cable, HD box, Which of these is the cause ? )

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 11:41 -0500, Samuele Bianchi wrote:
> i'm having this problem since the latest update of the kernel of my E-SATA
> sheevaplug, but i need to have the support's community before to spread panic! :-)

I'm running the latest Squeeze kernel with an e-sata disk OK.

Did you run flash-kernel after the kernel upgrade? At least for SD card
booting, this is needed to copy the new kernel and initrd to the boot
partition. I had crash on boot problems the first time I upgraded a
kernel, and this was down to the fact that the old kernel was still
being booted, but some new kernel modules were being loaded.

--
Tixy               ()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign (www.asciiribbon.org)
                   /\  Against HTML e-mail and proprietary attachments