Re: xserver-xorg crashes due to evtouch

Hi!

Prasant J wrote:

> Segmentation fault at address 0xef23fdc4
>
> Fatal server error:
> Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting

Might be a misaligned access shuffling the bytes in a pointer.

[...]
> This happens when I enable the InputDevice "TouchScreen" in the server
> layout. The touchscreen uses evtouch drivers. When I disable the touch
> screen the X comes up fine but touch screen is not working any more.

FYI: <http://bugs.debian.org/612186>.

I would suggest trying to get evdev working, or barring that, reviving
evtouch.  A bug report against xserver-xorg-input-evtouch might also be
useful to document the trouble and coordinate efforts with anyone else
who might be interested.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Regards,
Jonathan