Re: My progress on armhf: xf86-video-msm for armhf attempt. Please test.

> > Is that true? For ARMv7, interworking is essentially free and Thumb code
> > would likely be faster due to its smaller memory footprint. So I would
> > have thought that not only should Thumb code be catered for, but
> > actively encouraged. Or am I missing something?
>
> We only use thumb2 in armhf.  I believe thumb-interworking allows for
> mixing thumb and non thumb code.  That was my understanding of it
> at least.  Since we only use thumb2, we have no need to mix with non
> thumb code at all, so why make the code larger?

Interworking is a madatory of the ARM EABI.  As mentioned above, interworking
is basically free on armv5 and later architectures.  It should never be
disabled.

> The gcc docs seem to agree with my understanding.

Not realy.  Most of the gcc options relating to interworking only apply to
legacy targets (i.e. pre-eabi).

Paul