Re: My progress on armhf: xf86-video-msm for armhf attempt. Please test.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 07:23:18AM +0100, Tixy wrote:
> Is that true? For ARMv7, interworking is essentially free and Thumb code
> would likely be faster due to its smaller memory footprint. So I would
> have thought that not only should Thumb code be catered for, but
> actively encouraged. Or am I missing something?

We only use thumb2 in armhf.  I believe thumb-interworking allows for
mixing thumb and non thumb code.  That was my understanding of it
at least.  Since we only use thumb2, we have no need to mix with non
thumb code at all, so why make the code larger?

The gcc docs seem to agree with my understanding.

--
Len Sorensen