Re: GCC-4.5 as the default for (at least some) architectures

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 08:51:04PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 05:03:01PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > I'll make GCC 4.6 the
> > default after the release of GCC 4.5.3, expected later this week, at
> > least on amd64, armel, i386 and powerpc.
>
> If you do the switch, please also add mips and mipsel, that would avoid
> you to have to complain in two weeks that these architectures have not
> yet been switched.

Is there a reason not to switch the remaining (release) arches
(ia64, kfreebsd-*, sparc, s390)?  Maybe hurd-i386 too?

I assume you want to release with at least 4.6 on all arches as
the default, so I see no point in waiting with switching if
there are no known issues.

Kurt