Re: Anyone here made a "TV computer"?

Jeremiah Foster <jeremiah <at> jeremiahfoster.com> writes:
> FWIW, and at the risk of incurring the wrath of Mr. Leighton et. al.
> there is a thing called the "TrimSlice"
> which is shipping, at least to developers. Its a Tegra2 box with some
> nice specs.
>
> http://www.trimslice.com/

Yes, that's mentioned in another branch of this thread.

It didn't look like it's actually available to me.

Note also that there are different versions and only one has a SATA disk; the
others will be some sort of soldered-on or daughter-board flash module.

> Here is some data about disk reads:
>
> /dev/sda:
>  Timing cached reads:   476 MB in  2.00 seconds = 237.74 MB/sec
>  Timing buffered disk reads:   66 MB in  3.03 seconds =  21.80 MB/sec

I recognise that as hdparm output, but on what device exactly?

On my TS-119 (Marvell processor) with a SATA SSD, I get:

/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   634 MB in  2.00 seconds = 316.54 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:  404 MB in  3.01 seconds = 134.00 MB/sec

Regards,  Phil