Re: Anyone here made a "TV computer"?

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 10:55:36AM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>  yehh, nvidia are on my shit list for their continued failure of the
> past, what... 15 years, to provide a free software 3D graphics driver.
>  also as i mentioned earlier, it speaks volumes that boxee dropped the
> tegra 250 in favour of the cartel-driven intel ce4100 har har.

Yeah but I don't think they ever promised a free driver.  At least they
have provided a working driver for their hardware, usually on release
day of new hardware, and continued to support old hardware for a very
long time.  That is way more than one can say for ATI/AMD.  Maybe someday
there will be working open source drivers for some ATI/AMD devices,
but until that happens they are on my shit list for complete lack of
customer support, never mind open source support.

intel video has of course tended to have support pretty well (if you
ignore the current paulsbo disaster).  Doesn't help the situation for
a low power box with good video support though.

--
Len Sorensen