Re: nslu2 unstable upgrade broke boot

        Hey

 Arnaud Patard looked a bit into this today; we both reproduce in QEMU.

 It seems to be an issue with busybox or the toolchain; replacing
 /bin/sh in the initrd with bash works fine.  Starting from your initrd
 and a bash binary for armel do:
     mkdir tmp
     cd tmp
     gunzip -c < ../initrd.img-2.6.38-1-ixp4xx | cpio -i
     mv bin/sh bin/sh-broken
     cp ../bash bin/sh
     find . | cpio -o -H newc |  gzip -c >../initrd.img-2.6.38-1-ixp4xx-new

 If I spawn a busybox shell with exec /bin/sh </dev/console
 >/dev/console, I will get random results when running "exec run-init
 /root /sbin/init", it even booted once.

 I tried with busybox-static as well, but same issue.

 busybox was uploaded multiple times recently, so it could be fixed with
 latest busybox and toolchain.  I'll check that out.

    Cheers,
--
Loïc Minier