Re: Porting Debian to the Excito B3
Tanguy Ortolo <email@example.com> writes:
> Le jeudi 27 janvier 2011, Martin Michlmayr a écrit :
>> * Tanguy Ortolo <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2011-01-26 12:25]:
>> > Thanks, it already has one:
>> > bubba3 MACH_BUBBA3 BUBBA3 2893
>> > (Bubba is the old name for Excito home servers: Bubba and Bubba|2, the
>> > third model's marketing name having been shortened to B3)
>> While there's a machine id, there's no kernel support for this device
>> in the upstream kernel yet. I suggest your first step is to work on
>> this since Debian support will require a working kernel.
> I see. They have published the support code at
>From a quick look, I would say:
- bubba3-setup.c doesn't look so bad. Should not be hard to get it
- led stuff in bubba3-gpio should probably converted into gpio-led
- BUBBA3_INSTALL stuff can probably be killed (can be done through
userspace I guess).
- bubba3.h file does not add a big value, so can probably be killed too.
- marvell phy & ath changes should be checked by network guys
So, it doesn't look so bad. I've seen vendor code which was a lot more
horrible than this. Maybe you can clean the machine file first and send
it for merge upstream and then deal with led and then buzz stuff.