Re: sheeva plug usb install

Dear All,

Thank you for your helpful suggestions. I checked the /etc/inittab file and the terminal configuration line (see below) was commented out.

T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS0 115200 linux

I wasn't sure about the fsck boot up message. The exit status 1 supposebly means that all errors have been fixed. Although the fact that it says "fsck died with exit status 1" sounds alarming. I think the reason it keeps performing the fsck check is that I am unable to shutdown the system cleanly whenever I boot it up and therefore the usb disk is never cleanly unmounted. But it could very well be that there are more serious problems.

I will try another fresh install.

Many thanks,

Stewart