Re: ss4000-e Install how to set up so it boots

Re,

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 02:26:51PM -0800, Jose Solorio wrote:

> Ok so I tried what you had said and get the following
>
> RedBoot> exec -c "console=ttyS0,115200 rw root=/dev/md0 mem=256M@0xa0000000"
> -r 0x01800000
> Base address unknown - use "-b" option

Could you try this one :

exec -b 0x01008000 -c "console=ttyS0,115200 rw root=/dev/md0 mem=256M@0xa0000000" -r 0x01800000

But I'm not sure if it will work :/

RedBoot needs the kernel's address in memory (the "-b"), but I don't
know where your boot script loaded it (AFAIR from the vid, you haven't
any address specified, so according to redboot's manual "If not
specified, the address associated with the image in the FIS directory
will be used.")

If it doesn't work, perhaps could you try to force kernel and initrd
at these addresses beforce execing :

fis load -b 0x01800000 ramdisk.gz
fis load -b 0x01008000 zImage

+ exec like before once again.