ss4000-e Install how to set up so it boots

I've installed debian on my ss4000-e about 4 times now and I can not figure out how to get it to boot. I also am not sure how to setup the disks. Do I set up the software raid first or do I install on a single partition w/ the boot flag. I have tried both ways with no progress.

Here's what I would like to do:
Install debian on the ss4000-e so that I can install webmin and even maybe some iscsi targets. I would also like to know if anyone knows how to restore the Ipstor distro that came with it. I have done numerous searches and can't come up with anything. Can someone please help out.  Thank you in advance for any replies.