Re: Error while building EABI/oldABI compatible arm kernel

On 09/30/2010 10:09 AM, Jeffrey B. Green wrote:
In examining the type mentioned above, I see that it is defined as 6
bytes (actually 5 but I assume it aligns on a 2-byte boundary). So, the
question is: how is the compiler (or linker) seeing the structure as
having 8 byte entries?

I'm investigating where it might be forcing word alignment, however I'd really appreciate help from those with more experience the kernel code and build settings.

thanks,
-jeff