Error while building EABI/oldABI compatible arm kernel

Hi,

In another exploration of migration avenues for us slug owners who still haven't moved to armel, I was attempting the debootstrap method suggested in:

http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiHowto#BuildingEABIreadyKernel

when I hit an error while building the kernel. It is:

... previous lines deleted...
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1036 modules
drivers/net/wireless/b43/b43: struct ssb_device_id is 8 bytes. The last of 6 is:
0x0d 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
FATAL: drivers/net/wireless/b43/b43: struct ssb_device_id is not terminated with a NULL entry!
make[2]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6-2.6.26'
make: *** [debian/stamp/build/kernel] Error 2

In examining the type mentioned above, I see that it is defined as 6 bytes (actually 5 but I assume it aligns on a 2-byte boundary). So, the question is: how is the compiler (or linker) seeing the structure as having 8 byte entries? Or in the absence of a good explanation, what is a fix for it?

My config is simply the config from:

% uname -a
Linux meeny 2.6.26-2-ixp4xx #1 Fri Sep 17 17:51:02 UTC 2010 armv5tel GNU/Linux

with the modifications from the above URL,e.g.

CONFIG_ARM_THUMB=y
CONFIG_AEABI=y
CONFIG_OABI_COMPAT=y

Any ideas? (The build takes a little under 24 hours on my slug and so experimentation is a slow process, i.e. help is apprepriated.)

-jeff