Re: Unstable (sid) on N2100

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:28:07 +0200, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
wrote:

> I'm personally not planning to make kernels with those patches
> available for squeeze or sid.  But other people are welcome to do so.

I'm afraid I have little experience with compiling kernels (at least
successfully).  I understand the basic concept - download the source, apply
the patch, compile the source - but actually doing that, and producing a
.deb at the end, is a bit beyond me.

How likely is it that the patch would apply cleanly to the kernels in sid?
Is it too much to hope that someone has already written a step by step
guide?

Cheers,
Nathan.