Re: cortex / arm-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi (was Re: armelfp: new architecture name for an armel variant)

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010, Steve Langasek wrote:
> (BTW... if you want to run both armel and armhf under multiarch... which
> package's libc gets to own ld.so? :P)

 I understand ld.so can be wherever we want, since it's part of the
 executables, but I understand you're asking which architecture gets to
 own whatever /lib/ld-linux.so.2 is, since there's only one of them and
 we want to preserve compatibility with non-Debian binaries, right?

 On my amd64 system, /bin/rm points at /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 for
 an interpreter (*cough* /lib64) but on an armel system, it points at
 /lib/ld-linux.so.3, and on i386 system /lib/ld-linux.so.2 so perhaps we
 can expect 64-bits arches to have a suffix while 32-bits arches so that
 one could leave ld-linux to 32-bits arches and use the suffix for
 64-bits arches?  No idea whether there's a general rule for this

--
Loïc Minier