Re: discussion reset! thumb2/thumbee code as on armv7-a

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010, Matt Sealey wrote:
> Let's say we said, the new port will be based on the Thumb ISA as in
> the ARMv7-A and depdenent on that profile, could we call it "thumb" or
> "thumbee" or so and remove the differentiation on arm and armel by the
> fact that it's built for this new improved instruction set with
> greater code density?

 Ubuntu armel defaults to Thumb-2 since lucid, I think it would be a
 poor choice to name the port after the default ISA if both ARM and
 Thumb ISAs can co-exist in the port.

 Or are you proposing to create a thumb port, but using soft-float ABI?

 If this is still about hard-float ABI, then the port should have a name
 reflecting that.

--
Loïc Minier