Re: armelfp: new architecture name for an armel variant

+++ Wookey [2010-07-06 19:36 +0100]:
> +++ Hector Oron [2010-07-06 19:30 +0200]:

oops - unhelpful typo in my mail:

> There are fields in the elf headers to indicate cababilities used in a
> binary which are not currently used by the compiler which would help
> in automatically ensuring that CPUs do not try to run code they can
                                                                 ^can't
> (because it has FPU or NEON instructions and those units are not
> present, for example).

And I forgot to say, (but Loic has), we will definately be discussing
this general issue of arm arches and default build options at Debconf
as it's clearly a hot topic. If people have had their say here then we
should have enough info to make a decision and get on with things.
Even a second official port is not beyond the realms of possibility.

And finally - good work Konstantinos doing all that porting and
testing, and thank you Hector for bringing it up here.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/