Re: guruplug notes

On 05/28/2010 10:58 AM, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> However, I'm not sure you need a hack like that.  AFAIK the u-boot you
> use has UBIFS support built-in so you should be able to simply read a
> kernel from the filesystem.  (Maybe I'm wrong about this; I don't have
> a GuruPlug.)

interesting, i'll look into that too and try to report back.  the
built-in help documentation in u-boot is pretty paltry (says the guy who
mistakenly used it to wipe his flash :/)

I asked earlier but got no response: is there a reason u-boot is not in
debian?   It seems to be GPLv2+.

I just filed an RFP: http://bugs.debian.org/583605

Anyone interested in packaging u-boot for debian?  Are there other
preferred bootloaders?  Any reasons it shoudn't be in debian?

	--dkg