Re: No network on OpenRD-Ultimate with today's D-I build?

Le Sat, May 08, 2010 at 06:22:14PM +0530, Sujit K M a écrit :
> If you have an debian CD I will suggest an Local Install.

Thanks for the hint, I completely forgot about this possibility.

After 10 hours of fighting, I managed to bootstrap a Debian system, but
unfortunately the network still does not work. Here is a rough summary:

 - I started the default Fedora system on the NAND, and installed a Debian
   system on the hard drive according to our installation manual.
   http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/fr.armel/apds03.html

 - I converted the linux and initrd images to the u-boot format using
   mkimage, according to the following blog entry: ‘http://blog.bofh.it/debian/id_265’;.
   Similar instructions are available on the Debian wiki and on Martin Michlmayr's
   website:
     http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Arm/OtherPlatforms
     http://www.cyrius.com/debian/orion/qnap/ts-209/uboot.html

 - I booted the Debian system according to the instructions at
   ‘http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/openrd/install.html’;,
   with a couple of modifications:
     ‘ide reset’ instead of ‘mmcinit’,
     ‘root=/dev/sda2’ added to the boot arguments.

The Debian system does not manage to request and IP at boot time, and actually
freezes a couple of lines later; I do not know if it is related.

Configuring network interfaces...Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client V3.1.3
Copyright 2004-2009 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

[   26.740852] eth0: link up, 10 Mb/s, half duplex, flow control disabled
Listening on LPF/eth0/00:50:43:01:55:0c
Sending on   LPF/eth0/00:50:43:01:55:0c
Sending on   Socket/fallback
DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 6
DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 8
DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 8
DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 15
DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 12
DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 12
No DHCPOFFERS received.
No working leases in persistent database - sleeping.
done.
Setting kernel variables ...error: "net.ipv6.bindv6only" is an unknown key
failed.
Cleaning up temporary files....
INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
Starting enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.

Just in case, I tried to boot a third-party uImage for a SheevaPlug, but it did not work
(http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/2.6.32/sheeva-2.6.32-uImage).

At that stage, I am blocked. If there is interest for a but report (kernel?,
debian-installer?), please let me know. Otherwise, I will wait for a while that
more exprerienced persons report successful installs of Debian on the
OpenRD-Ultimate: Google only reports a few hits for that keyword, and
a couple of them are duplicata of this thread in mailing list aggregators…
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22openrd-ultimate%22

(I am also waiting to be accepted in the OpenRD Google Group for seeking help there).

Have a nice Sunday,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan