Object code formats on debian arm

Greetings!  Are you still there working on arm?  If so, perhaps you
could give me some advice.  There seems to be a discrepancy in
behavior between certain subversions of the machine.  I suspect it
involves either required pointer alignment or differences in object
code format.  I cannot reproduce reported buildd failures on agricola,
and buildd machine "2" appears also to be free of problems, but the
other buildds all fail, and agnesi is refusing my ssh key.  GCL and
its reverse dependencies loads compiled .o files into memory in its
.data section, relocates the code, clears the caches, and executes
it.  The binutils routine bfd_get_relocated_section_contents is used
for this purpose.  This has worked for many years, back when arm was
bigendian, but now appears fragile.  Can you please enlighten me?
--
Camm Maguire			     		    camm@maguirefamily.org