Intel NAS SS4000-E installation woes

I used
http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/armel/images/daily/iop32x/network-console/ss4000e/
(17-Dec-2010 files) and followed
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.armel/ch05s01.html#boot-firmware-ss4000e
(used minicom instead of cu+sb for ymodem activity) and followed the
network installer. Installation at first seemed fine :
Finishing the installation
The system is going down NOW!
Sent SIGTERM to all processes
Sent SIGKILL to all processes
Requesting system reboot
[ 7456.220000] Restarting system.

EM-7210 ver.T04 2005-12-12 (For ver.AA)
== Executing boot script in 1.000 seconds - enter ^C to abort
RedBoot> fis load ramdisk.gz
RedBoot> fis load zImage
RedBoot> exec
Using base address 0x01008000 and length 0x00200000
Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

And nothing more.

I assume this kernel is not configured for console=ttyS0,115200
I got no questions if I needed a specific console during the install.

Can I inspect / change the kernel command line from RedBoot ?

I also selected an sshd to install. But the system does not respond to
ssh, and does not ping either. The installer used dhcp for itself, the
system did ping and i could even ssh in. Now I can not.

Anything else I can try ?

-- Hans Lambermont