Re: Bug #522583: fping broken on some arm systems?
- To: "Rob J. Epping" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug #522583: fping broken on some arm systems?
- From: Niko Tyni <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 08:18:35 +0200
- Message-id: <20101119061835.GA2877@madeleine.local.invalid>
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTi=LSOnvVw1Tg+YWtWuqDD0zhOHtK7652+adE7h6@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <20101118203840.GB13383@madeleine.local.invalid> <AANLkTi=LSOnvVw1Tg+YWtWuqDD0zhOHtK7652+adE7h6@mail.gmail.com>
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:35:14PM +0100, Rob J. Epping wrote:
> > Could a few armel users please install fping 2.4b2-to-ipv6-16.1 from
> > squeeze or sid (it's also installable on a plain lenny system) and report
> > back (either privately to me or to firstname.lastname@example.org) if they see
> > things like
> As initial reporter of 522583 I tested again on my QNAP TS-219 with
> the same strange results.
> epping@QNAP:~$ dpkg -s fping | grep Version
> Version: 2.4b2-to-ipv6-15
Please note that you initially reported this with -16, and the other
report happened with -16.1. I believe -16 fixed much in this area,
so reports about -15 aren't unfortunately very useful.
As I said earlier, -16.1 can be installed on a lenny system without any
dependency problems, and that's what the other reporter did.
No other broken system reported yet with -16.1 AFAICS. Still weird.
Niko Tyni email@example.com