Re: Toshiba AC100

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:49 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Freitag, den 08.10.2010, 21:24 +0100 schrieb Phil Endecott:
>
>> I hope there are others out there interested in this machine, the first
>> of its kind.
> great to see that there is debian interest, as one of the devs who work
> on the image, i'd like to point you guys to some missing points ...
>
> the ac100 devs usually meet in #ac100 on freenode ...
> there is a kernel tree at http://gitorious.org/ac100/

 fantastic.  it would be good to let people know of the existence of
the official kernel sources from toshiba.  could you kindly do that?

> thats mainly teh one people contribute too (we currently have some
> gentoo and OE devs as well as ubuntu guys ... debian people would be
> most welcome)

> launchpad.net/ac100 project ...

 ok i found its mailing list archives (manually) - they're empty.
reporting a bug is not possible because of "you must have an ac100
kernel configured" bullshit launchpad logic.

 the tree appears to have toshiba ac100 patches but on closer
inspection it appears instead, at a cursory glance, to be nv-patches
not ac100 patches.

 so... i believe that the project could benefit greatly from knowing
of the existence of the official gpl linux kernel code released
officially by toshiba, but it is somewhat ... challenging shall we say
to inform them of that fact.

 l.