Re: Toshiba AC100

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl@lkcl.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Maciej Grela <maciej.grela@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/10/18 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@lkcl.net>:
>>> i have received the Toshiba AC100 GPL kernel sources, kindly supplied
>>> by toshiba digital media
>>> group, by CD.  i have uploaded them here:
>>>
>>> https://alioth.debian.org/scm/?group_id=100475
>>>
>>> the git branch is ac100/2.6.29/lkcl
>>>

>> Cannot clone this repo:
>>
>> grela@kraken ~ $ git clone
>> https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/arm-netbook/arm-netbook.git
>> Cloning into arm-netbook...
>> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
>>
>> grela@kraken ~ $
>
>     vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
>>> the git branch is ac100/2.6.29/lkcl
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 maciej,

 i haven't received a "thank you" or any kind of acknowledgement from
you, so i do not know if you have understood the above repeated
information.  please firstly let me apologise for assuming that you're
sufficiently unintelligent to understand why i repeated that
information, but my concern is genuine in that i'd like you to be able
to gain access to the source code.  now let me spell it out for you.

 once you have done the git clone command, you have the entire
repository.  git then assumes, having downloaded the entire
repository, that there is a "master" branch, which it proceeds with
attempting to check out.  the repository however simply does not have
a "master" branch - specifically, it does not have a branch named
"master" because... well.. there _is_ no linux branch named "master",
and that's the end of it.

 so, after having done that command, you simply do this second command:

 git checkout -b ac100/2.6.29/lkcl

 is that clear enough?

 l.