Re: Debian on Toshiba AC100 (Tegra 250)?

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:57 AM, Mike B. <mb78aa@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the detailed reply. However, as a newbie I couldn't follow your instructions.
>
> Isn't there something like a debian net-installer for debian ARM?

 yes, that's right, there is: i mentioned it what i wrote to you.
it's called "debian installer", which frans ported a few months ago to
ARM.

> something I can put on a usb disk, plug into the laptop and it'll take care of the installation?.

 yes.  it's called "debian installer".  but, the information required
on how to "create that usb disk" is contained within the heads of the
engineers at toshiba.

 so, you must do what i said, and most importantly do not consider
yourself to be "stupid" by saying that you cannot "follow
instructions".

(optionally) purchase a machine (purchasing the actual machine makes
your case stronger but is not strictly necessary) and then make a
formal request to toshiba for the GPL source code, and then report
them for GPL violation when they fail to deliver or understand the
request.  publish their failure on the legal@gpl-violations.org
mailing list

 _then_ once the GPL kernel source code and GPL u-boot source code is
available, _then_ someone can create a usb disk comprising a linux
kernel and the debian-installer that frans created.

 please don't make me repeat this again.

 l.