Re: Debian on Toshiba AC100 (Tegra 250)?

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 3:14 AM, Li Haifeng <omycle@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that is not difficult,through I have not done it .

 i have, and there are quite a few hoops to jump through.  the first
is getting the GPL source code out of toshiba.  this is absolutely
essential.  the second is creating a "replacement firmware" which
loads debian-installer.

 if you can ascertain whether they've used u-boot (which they probably
have) then the job is made a lot easier, _especially_ if you can get
the GPL source code out of toshiba for u-boot.

 if they "won't" provide it, you get gpl-violations.org to issue a
cease and desist order.  which will go down like a lead balloon, but
tough titty.

> If you want to port Debian of ARM to your netbook. I think ,if you have correlate drivers,it is easy.
> Have you tried  Ubuntu?

 ubuntu is a waste of time, li, and is a red herring.

l.