From: Li Haifeng <omycle@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Debian on Toshiba AC100 (Tegra 250)?
To: mb78aa@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, 31 August, 2010, 12:02 PM

If you have the relvent drivers, I think it  is easy.

2010/8/31 Mike B. <mb78aa@yahoo.com>
Hi all,

A newbie's question;
Toshiba has released a new netbook the AC100, specs:
runs Android 2.1 on a 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 250 SoC (built around a dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore processor)
32GB SSD,
512MB of DDR2 memory,
802.11n WiFi, optional 3G data,
Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, a 1.3 megapixel web

Is it possible to install Debian on this machine (instead of the Android) and have a standard Gnome interface, bash command line and software (apt-get install) just as in an i386 Debian testing?.

Is the Debian/ARM similar to a Debian testing in terms of stability and software availability?.

Thanks,
Mike.