Re: Succssful installation on OpenRD-Ultimate.

Le Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 02:08:28PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr a écrit :
> * Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> [2010-06-26 13:50]:
> > I am very pleased to report that installation works quite well and
> > that now I have a running system on the OpenRD Ultimate !
> >
> > Debian-Installer could not find a kernel to install, so I had no
> > uInitrd on which to boot
>
> I believe this was a temporary problem because some changes I made
> were not in the Debian archive yet.  It should work now.

Hi Martin,

I actually installed Lenny on the machine this morning. But I kept a free
partition, so that I can test the installer again if you would like. Later,
this computer will be my gateway and mail server, so if I can help you with
tests, I would prefer to do it soon.

By the way, here are two small comments about this installation of Lenny.

 - it took me some time to find the argument to pass for running in expert mode
   (‘priority=low’): I was looking for an argument with ‘mode’ or ‘expert’ in
   the name).

 - At the first boot I was greeted by #571241 and #585413, with many lines of
   the following message: ‘end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0’. But there
   is no noise in the next boots thanks to udev's persistent rules, if I
   understood well my Google search.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles