Re: d-i slowness on QNAP TS-209

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> [2010-06-21 13:23]:
I understand, correct me if I am wrong, that bind9 has "issues" with
ARM machines at this time.

I'm not aware of any.  Do you have a pointer?

There was a severe problem with bind9 on mips but that got fixed

Is this the same thing or a different one?

Here is a quote that was sent in an email to me a good while ago:

This thread gives the details; it has been broken for some time and is
unlikely to be fixed:

I wrote to Martyn Michlmayr, who is the guy in charge of the mips ports
but he indicated that he can do nothing about it; it has to be fixed by
the Debian bind9 maintainer - whom I discovered to be Bdale Garbee, not
exactly the person whom one can ask about these things.

Kind Regards

Andrew McGlashan
Broadband Solutions now including VoIP

Current Land Line No: 03 9912 0504