NSLU2 not booting after Lenny (5.0.4) installation

Hi

[please Cc me on relplies, since I'm not subscribed to debian-arm]

I needed to reinstall my NSLU2, which was previously running fine with
an older Lenny image. Yesterday I followed the procedure in [1] and
all the installation through the d-i went fine. The troubles began but
then with the first boot. Network does not come up, and it is
impossible to access the NSLU2.

The following is possible to follow, according to [2] i get to the
point where disk and ethernet led get green, and then shortly after
ethernet led turns off. This means that ethernet will be loaded.

But now the ethernet led never gets back to green, so the firmware
does not seem to get loaded?

The runlevel 2 too, does not enter, and thus even enabled bootlogd via
/etc/default/bootlogd I do not get boot logs.

Checking the USB-Stick I have indeed the:
eldamar:/media/ROOT/lib/firmware# ls -lah
total 28K
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K Feb 13 21:48 .
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root  12K Feb 13 23:37 ..
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   14 Feb 13 21:48 NPE-B -> NPE-B.01000201
-rw-------  1 root root  12K Jan  1  1970 NPE-B.01000201

Please let me know, if I can provide more information.

Bests
Salvatore

 [1] http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html
 [2] http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/boot.html