Re: anyone interested in grouping together to get better pricing than $130 on ARM 7in Netbooks?

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Alain Williams <addw@phcomp.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 01:53:55PM +0000, Luke Leighton wrote:
>
>> but again, from adam, here is the good news:
>>
>> CT-PC89E,8.9 inch laptop computer, sample with Operation system:Linux
>> 2.6.24, RAM DDR1 256M,HDD 2 GB NAND Flash(SLC),WIFI,Build-in stereo
>> speaker,USB Port 2.0 *3.0
>
> I assume ethernet/UTP connection -- or is it just WIFI ?

 y'know... it wouldn't surprise me if it came with 10/100 ethernet,
but that their "enlish" is so flakey they couldn't get a translation
so left it out of the "spec" sheet :)  if not, heck it's got 3 USB
ports, use a 10/100 USB dongle.

> If there is an option for a bit more RAM then I will take it,
> if that is not possible (or just makes life awkward) then I'll stick
> with what everyone else is having.

 right now, with chinese new year in 5 days, we don't want to confuse
them.  next batch (if there is one) we ask them.

> Count me in.

 good man.  you should have bank details in that other message
already.  oh - drat, the one that bounced because your mail server
does SPF checking :)  will resend :)