Re: SS4000E - Disk size limitation?

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:12:42PM +0000, danny.rodriguez@comcast.net wrote:
> I'm not sure if the limitation was hardware based (not sure how it would be) or
> not, but documentation has always stated the unit was designed for 2TB only
> (4x500GB)

I wrote the installer support on a unit that had 4 750G disks in it, and
that worked. It is unlikely but possible that the device does not
support 1TB disks.

Mark: how does it lock up? Do you seen anything on the serial port? If
you ssh in to the device, does that session die? If you take out the
disks, put them in another machine, and reassemble the array, what does
/var/log/kern.log say?

trying to fool the system.