Re: SS4000E - Disk size limitation?

I'm not sure if the limitation was hardware based (not sure how it would be) or not, but documentation has always stated the unit was designed for 2TB only (4x500GB)

----- Original Message -----
From: mark@jumpingbean.co.za
To: debian-arm@lists.debian.org
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:43:48 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: SS4000E - Disk size limitation?

Hi all,

So I have debian installed on my ss4000e but every time mdstat starts to
resync the disks the machine just locks up. Is there a limitation on disk
size? I have 4 1TB drives in there. I have tried turning down the max sync
speed with echo 5000 > /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_max but no luck.

Sadly I have come this far but still can't really use the nas server for
anything. Do you think its a squeeze bug?

Regards

Mark