Re: Need help to boot debian on USB with more devices connected

* Björn Wetterbom <bjohv052@gmail.com> [2009-10-07 21:37]:
> Isn't this a well known issue with usb-booted devices? See e.g.
> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/TroubleShooting (section "The slug
> fails to reboot with 2 drives connected"). I guess you have already figured
> out that you can boot by detaching all devices except the boot disk.

That's an entirely different problem.  The problem described on the
NSLU2 page is about Linux not mounting the right disk with multiple
disks and this is indeed fixed in squeeze by the use of UUIDs.

The problem Douglas describes is a bug in u-boot itself on the
SheevaPlug.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/