Re: Installing lenny on mtd0 of Sheeva Plug

Hi Karsten,

> I can't access my sheeva plug right now, but if I remember correctly mtd0 is
> for uboot, mtd1 for the kernel and mtd2 for the system, so you would need to
> flash the kernel to mtd1

You are right, mtd0 is reserved for uBoot.

> But that does work in fact, just remember to reflash whenever Martin publishes
> a new kernel.

But thanks for your reply that was exactly what I was asking for.

> On Martins Debian there is also the flash-kernel script, maybe see if it can
> actually flash as well, I only used it to create proper uImage and uInitrd
> files.

I've tried to run flash-kernel but I couldn't figure out how to use it.

Can anyone please walk me through it? How do I use flash-kernel?

My plan is to flash mtd1 with uImage and copy my entire file system to
mtd2. Does it looks okay to you guys?

Any other advice?

Thank you one more time.
Regards,