Re: How to make sure my plug boots from the USB flash-stick instead of the USB hard-disk?

Rick Thomas wrote:
[...]
Is there some way of communicating with the developers of Uboot to see if they could patch it to optionally look for labels or UUIDs when searching for its boot device?

Maybe. U-boot's USB support certainly needs work.

[...]
Booting from SD is discussed on the current version of Martin's web page. Does that mean that it works now?

I tried the u-boot upgrade with much trepidation, and everything works fine. Booting off SD is vastly faster than USB and avoids all the horrible u-boot USB issues.

--
David Given
dg@cowlark.com