Re: Regarding Kirkwood cpu support

On Mar 25, 2009, at 12:00 PM, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 04:56:37PM +0100, Björn Wetterbom wrote:
What kind of time frames are we talking about when it comes to Debian
support for Kirkwood for us "ordinary users" who don't compile our own
kernels and want our machine to start every day, every time?

Will initial support consist of install packages from Martin or
others, and official Debian support be available only in Debian
Squeeze?

That's what it looks like for now.

The reason I am asking is that I am thinking "Should I buy a
SheevaPlug now or wait a couple of months?"

I'd suggest the latter, unless you want to help out -- there are ways to
do that, even if you don't know how to write code.

OK, I'm game. I'd love to help. Where can I buy one? What else will I need in the way of hardware?

Thanks!

Rick