update-passwd problem with debian system?

I’ve encountered a problem when using “apt-get install” from within a scratchbox for armel target.  Pasted below is part of the messages I got:

Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y

debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed

Setting up base-passwd (3.5.20) ...

/scratchbox/tools/bin/misc_runner: SBOX_CPUTRANSPARENCY_METHOD not set

update-passwd has found some differences between your system accounts

and the current Debian defaults. It is advisable to allow update-passwd

to change your system; without those changes some packages might not work

correctly.  For more documentation on the Debian account policies please

see /usr/share/doc/base-passwd/README.

The list of proposed changes is:

It is highly recommended that you allow update-passwd to make these changes

(a backup file of modified files is made with the extension .org so you can

always restore the current settings).

Okay, I am going to make the necessary updates now

/scratchbox/tools/bin/misc_runner: SBOX_CPUTRANSPARENCY_METHOD not set

dpkg: error processing base-passwd (--configure):

 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 126

 base-passwd

As you can see, update-passwd does not give up any difference, but suggested nothing to change.  Does anyone know how to workaround this?

I did not set up cpu transparency method because I did not need it.  Could that be the reason?

Thanks in advance!

- Weidong