Re: Test images for Debian lenny rc2 available

Hi Loïc

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 08:13, Gordon Farquharson
<gordonfarquharson@gmail.com> wrote:

> I should really try this out :-)

I forgot that you need to prepend a shim [1] to the kernel image [2].
I tested the method I described with a prebuilt shim that was built
with the kernel command line:

init=/linuxrc root=/dev/mtdblock4 rootfstype=jffs2 rw noirqdebug
console=ttyS0,115200n8

The kernel boots, but obviously, because the command line above does
not give the correct location for the initrd or the root partition,
the system fails to start correctly. With a shim that contained the
correct kernel command line, the installer should start.

So, to do what you were trying to do in your original email requires a
few more steps.

Gordon

[1] ftp://ftp.buici.com/pub/arm/arm-kernel-shim
[2] http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Upgrading-the-kernel-p10612312.html

--
Gordon Farquharson
GnuPG Key ID: 32D6D676