Re: UNS: Re: Update APEX for fatted nslu2 (FatSlug)

El Lunes 19 Enero 2009, Marc Singer escribió:

> > After reboot the nslu2 gets stucked and I must reflash it.
>
> A console will help a lot.  Have you tried plying your solder-capable
> pal with beer?

Thanks, I'll try :DD

> There are binaries of APEX in ftp://ftp.buici.com:/pub/apex/apex-1.5.14

I've tryed the armeb, armel and arm versions with lightly different results,
all the times the nslu2 gets freezed, but after the reboot:

+ with -armel, after some ethernet blinking, only power and ethernet leds left
on
+ with -armeb all the leds remain lighted
+ with -arm the same as with -armel

I think I've flashed my nslu2 about 20 times in the last two days.

There's something I'm worring about. This morning I've made a backup of the
flash:

# cat /dev/mtdblock* >nslu2-backup.bin

I have reflashed the nslu2 a few times with it without any problem. But if
I "explode" the backup with

# slugimage -u -i ../nslu2-backup.bin

and create a new file with:

# slugimage -p -o di-nslu2-newapex.bin -b RedBoot -s SysConf -L apex.bin -k
vmlinuz -r ramdisk.gz -t Trailer

but...

# cmp di-nslu2-newapex.bin ../nslu2-backup.bin
di-nslu2-newapex.bin ../nslu2-backup.bin differ: char 1945801, line 6788

The files are different  And if I try to flash the nslu2 with the new file it
gets freezed! slugimage is the debian packaged version for amd64 and have
tryed also the version from the unslung cvs

Why I can't recreate the firmware file?

Thanks
--
Asier