Re: UNS: Re: Update APEX for fatted nslu2 (FatSlug)

El Lunes 19 Enero 2009, Marc Singer escribió:

> I'm not positive, but I thought that the Debian released version of
> APEX supported memory detection.

If I add the commands via apex-env with the apex shipped by debian:

$ sudo apex-env
bootaddr *= 0x00008000
cmdline *= console=ttyS0,115200 rtc-x1205.probe=0,0x6f noirqdebug
cmdline-alt *= console=ttyS0,115200 rtc-x1205.probe=0,0x6f noirqdebug
fis-drv *= nor:0x7e0000+4k
kernelsrc *= fis://kernel
kernelsrc-alt *= fis://kernel
ramdiskaddr *= 0x01000000
ramdisksrc *= fis://ramdisk
ramdisksrc-alt *= fis://ramdisk
startup = sdram-init; memscan -u 0+64m; copy -s $kernelsrc $bootaddr; copy -s
$ramdisksrc $ramdiskaddr; wait 10 Type ^C key to cancel autoboot.; boot

After reboot the nslu2 gets stucked and I must reflash it.

Additionally I've tryed with several apex versions:

- apex 1.5.14 from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/kernel/
- apex 1.5.14 compiled within the nslu2 and repacked with slugimage
- apex 1.5.14 compiled in a qemu-system-arm virtual machine and repacked with
slugimage

I take the /dev/mtdblock* backup, extract its contents, replace apex.bin with
my own apex, repack it with slugimage and flash it with upslug2. All the
times with the same result: few seconds after the reboot the nslu2 gets
freezed with the ethernet led turned on :(

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
--
Asier