Re: NSLU2 with lenny armel: segfaults with filesystem commands (ls, cp, mv)

* u7l11ey@mail.lrz-muenchen.de <u7l11ey@mail.lrz-muenchen.de> [2009-11-11 23:17]:
> This happens at irregular intervals. Sometimes everything is fine for
> days, then it already happens during the boot sequence, as I can see from
> entries in the boot logfile. When these errors start occuring, only a
> reboot helps.
>
> Any idea what could be causing the problem or how to debug it? Could it
> really have to do with the kernel update, or is this just a coincidence? I
> could try testing that by reverting back to an older kernel, but how do I
> accomplish that?

I would say that it's a coincidence.  At least I haven't heard any
other report like yours.

If you still have 2.6.26-1-ixp4xx installed, you could revert to that
with
    flash-kernel 2.6.26-1-ixp4xx
and see what happens.  You can use
    dpkg -l | grep linux-image
to find out which kernels are installed on your machine.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/