ARM kernel snapshots - 2.6.32-rc6

I've built kernel snapshots for armel based on 2.6.32-rc6.  If your
device has a recovery mechanism or a serial console, please test them
on your favourite ARM machine and report any problems you encounter to
this list.

The big change in this version is that the kernel is compressed with
LZMA now.  This has a much better compression ratio and removes the
kernel size restrictions we hit recently (I had to turn off various
options in 2.6.30 to make the kernel fit and I ran out of options to
turn off with 2.6.32, forcing this switch).  I booted the new kernels
on 4 different machines without problems but I encourage wider
testing.

You can find the kernel packages at
http://people.debian.org/~tbm/armel/kernel/r14607/

After you install this kernel with "dpkg -i", you have to run
"flash-kernel 2.6.32-rc6-$SUBARCH" manually to change to the new
version. (This is due to a bug which is on my todo list.)
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/